With the purchase of any door, it is very important to know all the parts when it comes to assembly. Do you know all your door hardware and their functions? At Bellini Mastercraft, we are here to make sure you have all the necessary information for when it comes time to install your mahogany interior doors. We are located in Fort Lauderdale.
Our Guide To Understanding Your Hardware
It is amazing how much change can come from replacing a door. In many cases, it seems as though your entire living space transforms. A lot of this is because of the hardware for your door. If you change your home’s door knobs and levers for the first time, there are some terms you must be aware of in order to help you.
Door Hardware Terms To Look Into
- Passage knobs don’t lock on either side, making them ideal for applications like closets, laundry rooms, and pantries. These are sometimes referred to as hall and closet knobs.
- Privacy doorknobs are essential for rooms that require a locking mechanism (like bedrooms or bathrooms). Many privacy knobs feature a thumb turn on the inside and a small pinhole that allows a generic key to unlock it from the outside in case of emergency.
- Say you have a door in your home that only requires a push or a pull to open. This application requires dummy knobs. They are made for doors with alternative latching methods like French doors. If you have a door that needs a knob or lever on one side (like a linen closet), you’ll need a half dummy.
- Keyed Entry
- Like the name suggests keyed entry door hardware locks manually from the inside and requires a key to open. Common uses include front doors, side entry doors, and the door between the garage and interior of your home.
- Exterior Handleset
- Handlesets are used for front entry doors and offer more of a decorative touch. Sets usually include an interior trim knob and single cylinder deadbolt.
- Trim Handleset
- Trim knobs are useful for aesthetic purposes. They change the inside handle on your front door to match your interior hardware, creating a cohesive look.
- Single Cylinder Deadbolt
- A single cylinder deadbolt is used as an additional layer of security. Deadbolts lock manually on the inside and require a key for entry. They can be used in conjunction with keyed entry door knobs for added peace of mind.
Call Us Today
Here at Bellini Mastercraft, we are professionals when it comes to solid mahogany interior doors. Compliment your brand new solid mahogany doors with door hardware. We have the barn door style you need. Our mahogany interior doors will give your newly decorated bedroom that extra pizzazz it lacks. All our products are manufactured with state of the art technology, excellence, and superb craftsmanship. When it comes to high quality and custom-made mahogany doors and windows, exterior entry doors, front doors and impact doors, Bellini Mastercraft is the company to call. Contact our Fort Lauderdale location today for more information on how we can take care of you and give your home that extra ambiance.