Everyone wants to instantly capture guests attention when they walk up to their front doors. Let’s be honest, first impressions are everything, and despite whether or not people will admit it, they judge your house the minute they pull up. That’s why it is important to choose the best mahogany front door to make a statement and grab people’s attention. However, picking the solid mahogany doors isn’t the only part that you need to worry about. Even if you have picked out the most beautiful front doors having the wrong hardware on the door can completely change the look and make it less charming. Relying on an expert to get advice on which door handle is the best choice for your doors is the easiest way to make sure your style and design is met. If you’re in the Fort Lauderdale area, Bellini Mastercraft is exactly who you need. They will take the time to speak with you about what your front doors look like and what your design preference is so they can get a better understanding about how to help you choose the right door handles.
Furnituring Your Solid Mahogany Doors
Having a beautiful mahogany front door just isn’t enough to captivate your guests’ admiration when they first come to your house, especially if it’s for the first time. People say “you never get a second chance to make a great first impression” and this is true for your front door as well. However, it’s hard to make this decision all on your own especially if you’re trying to make it with someone else who doesn’t have the same opinion as you. This is why it’s important to follow some of the guidelines below to make sure you think out all of your options before making your purchase.
You might not realize this, but a door handle really completes the overall look of your front door and could have a more substantial impact than the door itself. When you are looking at hardware, you want to make sure that what you choose matches the style of your door as well as compliments the style and design you’re going for. However, like many things in life, this is easier said than done. Until you start shopping around for exterior door handles you probably never realized how many different types of handles there was to choose from.
- Keyed Entry Doorknobs and Deadbolts: These types of door handles are standard on exterior doors of a home. The deadbolt serves as a secondary lock to ensure additional security. The doorknob itself is a round shape that has a lock and comes in a variety of materials as well as finishes.
- Entry Door Handle Sets: These are an excellent option for people who are looking for a classy and elegant look. The handle set themselves usually don’t have a lock themselves, but they all come with a deadbolt that can be placed about the handle and serves as the locking mechanism. There are also different types of handle sets that are suited for glass doors, single entry doors, and double entry doors.
- Tubular Vs. Mortise Latch: Keyed entry hardware is divided into two different categories:
- Tubular- this is the most common type of latch. It is used for most residential homes because installing this product is straightforward, which makes it easy to replace and install, which means most people can do them on their own.
- Mortise- this latch is usually reserved for commercial entry doors because they have a thicker deadbolt that has an emergency feature that allows you to turn the handle and deadbolt at the same time. These locksets are considered more secure than tubular latches because they are more complication. However, they can be extremely difficult to install, and they need to be handled by professionals only.
Bellini Mastercraft is a leading provider of solid mahogany doors in Fort Lauderdale. Since 1992 we have serviced the residents of the area for both their commercial and residential needs. We’re not just here to sell you a beautiful mahogany front door or exterior window we are here to help our clients make the best choice for their design and budget. Call or visit us today to learn how we can assist you!