When it comes to quality interior design, something often overlooked is the quality and wood choice of the doors of your home. There are many options to choose from, and you might be wondering of wooden front doors are the correct choice for a home. At Bellini Mastercraft, we help provide custom interior doors, windows, and more to homeowners and business owners across the United States. When it comes to interior design, you can trust our knowledge to help you make the best decisions for your home. Let us take a moment to talk about different door options, and why wood may be the best choice for you.
About Bellini Mastercraft and Custom Interior Doors
Why should you trust the experts at Bellini Mastercraft? We’ve been in the business since 1992, servicing both homeowners and commercial property owners not only in Florida, but also in New England and the Caribbean. This includes everything from homes to stores, hotels to beach resorts, and even some other commercial establishments like museums. We have been trusted by many to provide beautiful wooden doors, windows, and more, and we only use the best quality options possible to the needs of the client. An example of this is our favorite choice of wood: mahogany. Mahogany not only looks better than other kinds of wood, but also is more durable, better for mitigating sound, and lasts much longer than cheaper wood.
Why Wooden Front Doors are Best
When it comes to deciding on custom interior doors, the material choice is a major decision that will impact essentially everything about the process. For that reason, choosing the best option is imperative. Here are some of the pros and cons of your options:
- Steel Doors
- The selling point of steel doors is that they’re both durable and inexpensive–two major things, especially for the homeowner on a budget. Sadly, while these are cheaper upfront, their lifespan is fairly short in comparison to other materials, making them less effective long-term. Additionally, dents, scratches, and rust can occur easily if not cared for, and they’re not easily repaired.
- Fiberglass Doors
- These doors will be more expensive than steel doors, but still manageable by homeowners on a budget. They’re well-insulated and relatively maintenance-free, and are a popular choice now more than ever since they’ve become better at mimicking higher quality doors. That said, they are still only imitation of better quality wood doors, and they won’t quite meet the same standards.
- Glass Doors
- Depending on the style of your home, doors made completely of glass can have a beautiful, modern aesthetic that gives off a sense of luxury. With impact glass, you can also have these protected from storms which are a concern here in Florida. That said, these are very expensive, and even with impact glass protecting your home, any significant impact will require the glass be replaced.
- Aluminum Doors
- You don’t see these too often, but are an option for someone looking for minimum costs, but the aluminum itself is poorly insulated and will likely increase the cost of your power bills. This can be addressed with cores that have better insulation, but only partially. In addition, they also don’t look very attractive in most cases.
- Wood Doors
- Wood is one of the most popular materials, and for good reason. In general, wood offers good insulation, is durable, looks good, and is easy to repair. In addition, there are different types of wood, allowing homeowners to customize the price and quality of their doors while retaining certain, consistent benefits. Humidity can affect wood, which can be a concern for Florida, but that can also be addressed with the type of wood. While the initial cost of these can be higher than other materials, wood doors generally last much longer. This means high-quality wooden doors can actually be a better investment long-term, not to mention that they can increase the value of your home.
Contact Us for Quality Wood Doors
Have we convinced you on the benefits of choosing wood over other materials? If you’re interested in investing in quality wooden front doors, then Bellini Mastercraft is the choice for you. We can cater to homeowners and business owners across the United States. Contact us today for more information.